Schools Payroll Services

Matters specific to the legislation of the United Kingdom.

Moderator: payrollhelp

Schools Payroll Services

Postby apserve » 14 Jun 2010, 12:41

I have a County Council client who has asked me to gather information that they can pass on to any of their schools who wish to become Academies and opt out of Council payroll and HR services.

Anyone who would like to send me details of services that they provide plus rates for 25, 50 and 100 employees are welcome to do so at david.nicholson@staffordshire.gov.uk. Please include details of your service and any experience in Schools and or Local Government payrolls.

Thanks

David
apserve
Payroll-Help Member

Re: Schools Payroll Services

Postby Mary Wallace » 23 Jun 2010, 11:42

Hi David

I am the Payroll Manager for Salisbury & Company, a firm of Chartered Accountants based in North Wales (St Asaph) and we provide Bureau Payroll Services for a variety of clients.

Although I don't have experience of School or Local Government Payrolls I have processed payrolls for Nursing homes and hospices which I imagine have similar challenges.

I will send details of our rates etc to the e-mail address you quote.

Mary
Mary Wallace MMPA
Mary Wallace
Payroll-Help Member

Postby vineyj01 » 07 Jul 2010, 15:11

Dear David,

I am the Administration Manager at the David Young Community Academy in Leeds. We opened in September 2006 and used a third party payroll bureau for the first year, but this was problematic. After that we bought a payroll package, trained staff and brought it in-house, which has proved beneficial and far more efficient. (We have 185 employees on our payroll .)

We are always happy to advise other colleagues based on our experience and are also looking at offering payroll services to other academies/schools as we have had several requests from schools within our area. If you are interested you can contact me by email: jane.viney@dyca.org.uk

Kind Regards
Jane Viney
vineyj01
Payroll-Help Member

Postby apserve » 13 Jul 2010, 14:10

Thanks to all of you who sent me your details, I now have a sufficient portfolio of providers large and small that can be used by the Council to reccomend to any of their schools who want to change to Academies and leave the central payroll. No more required thank you.

Thank you once again.

David
apserve
Payroll-Help Member

Return to (PS) UK specific issues