Questions from our Payroll ForumMonday, March 19th, 2012
The following is a selection of questions that have been posted to our Forum over the past week. Can you contribute to any of the discussions?………….
- We have received a letter from HMRC claiming that there is an underpayment of NICs going back 20 years. We do not have these payroll records. Has anyone any experience of what to do?
- We are looking to implement a car salary sacrifice scheme. Can anyone advise on any disadvantages or pitfalls that they are aware of?
- I have a CAPS AEO. The payroll system is bringing forward the protected earnings from the previous weeks. Is this correct?
- Can anyone provide me with clarification on earnings assessments for childcare vouchers?
- Can anyone provide advice on taxing benefits at source rather than via the P11D. How do we go about getting approval from HMRC?
- I have had one week’s pay deducted from my leaving salary as my employers says I had overtaken my annual entitlement. Can he do this, as I worked all the Bank Holidays?
- What are the rules for accrual of leave for Bank Holidays when an employee is on maternity pay?
- Does the value of SSP paid have to show on the employee’s payslip?
- We have had a National Insurance Number given to us that starts ‘UT’. The employee believes that they do not have to present one. Any guidance please?
- Is it correct that an employee cannot have more than 2 Council Tax Attachment of Earnings Orders but can have unlimited AEOs?