Questions from our Payroll ForumFriday, January 13th, 2012
The following is a selection of questions that have been posted to our Forum over the past week. Can you contribute to any of the discussions?………….
- I do not have the P45 or a Statement of Earnings from my last company. I need this information for my tax return. What is the alternative?
- If the employer becomes insolvent during the time that SMP is owed to one and employee and about to be paid to another, what happens to the liability? Does the lady become a creditor of the company?
- How is the SMP calculation performed when an employee is on a lunar payroll, i.e. paid every 4 weeks?
- We are making a PILON payment – should this payment take into account the regular overtime that he works every month? If so, how would the PILON be calculated?
- If an employee is sick on a Bank Holiday, does this day have to be added back on to their holiday entitlement – i.e. can they use this day at a later date?
- We have two companies and we are merging the tax references into one. What is the best department to call at HMRC?
- A director has chosen not to receive a salary and has written an IOU to himself and will withdraw the monies from the company at a later date. When this happens, is it subject to tax and NI in the normal way?