Questions from our Forum – 21/11/11Friday, November 18th, 2011
Each week we receive a number of payroll questions on our forum, and here are this week’s batch. Can you help with any answers?
I have been told that I have been overpaid for the last 4 years and the company want to reduce my basic salary immediately. Do I have to repay the overpayment, and who decides how much I should be repaying each month?
I have just learnt the for the last 4 years I have been overpaid becasue of a change of position within the company and the grade that i am now doing is a lower paid band than I was initially employed as. Do I have to repay all the money for the last 4 years if so who decided as to how much a month I pay.
- What action should the employer take in the payroll system to ensure that the correct treatment is applied to a refund of pension contributions?
- Can someone please review the accuracy of my figures in calculating an allowance payment due to an employee?
- Can the £8,000.00 qualifying relocation expenses be paid as a lump sum amount to the employee?
- Does the Fit Note actually have to have the surgery details and doctor’s signature on it before it can be used by payroll?
- Can we have two SCONs in the same tax reference?