Questions from our Forum – 26/09/11Friday, September 23rd, 2011
Each week we receive a number of payroll questions on our forum, and here are this week’s batch. Can you help with any answers?
Further questions from our forum:
- Is the Alabaster recalculation required for pay rises that happen before leave starts, and should holiday pay and sick pay deductions be recalculated?
- Does the exemption for pool cars apply if cars driven by chauffeurs are provided?
- How do other employers handle to tax issues that arise when recovering overpayments when an employee leaves? Are overpayments deducted net or gross?
- What is the relevant date for redundancy purposes?
- Can we pay termination payments in stages over a number of months instead of paying them in one go?