NEST announces its investment optionsFriday, April 1st, 2011
The Nest scheme will offer a range of fund choices, including Higher Risk, Ethical and Sharia funds.
NEST is the pension scheme that has been established to assist up to a million UK employers comply with their automatic enrolment obligations from 2012. The NEST Corporation is the trustee of the NEST scheme.
Following research and consultation, the NEST Corporation has given details of its default fund option and the other fund that scheme members will be able to choose.
The options are:
- a Retirement Date Fund (the default option) that targets the member’s expected retirement date
- the Higher Risk Fund, targeting high returns from greater investment risk
- the Lower Growth Fund, with little investment risk but with no guarantee of protection against inflation
- the Ethical Fund, investing in companies that meet ethical criteria
- the Sharia Fund, with investments that are compliant with Sharia principles
- the Pre-retirement Fund, for members using the scheme for long-term pension saving.