Centralising PAYE work in NewcastleFriday, April 1st, 2011
From April all employer work moves from local HMRC offices to one national location in Newcastle.
The following is an extract from the latest weekly informal update (dated 25 March) from HMRC to employer representatives.
From 1 April 2011 all employer work will be dealt with by the National Insurance Contributions and Employer Office (NIC&EO), Benton Park View, Newcastle upon Tyne. This change sees work previously dealt with by 30 offices nationwide, centralised into one location.
- Employer work consists of:
- Maintaining employer records
- Dealing with PAYE scheme mergers and scheme successions
- Dealing with employer letters
- Queries referred via the employer helpline
- Reconciling End of Year returns
- End of Year work - queries relating to P35/P14
- Working with employers to improve customer service.
The Employer Helpline now deals with telephone enquiries previously dealt with in Local Offices. Appropriate messages have been placed on the old contact numbers redirecting customers to the Employer Helpline. The contact number for Employer Helpline is 08457 143 143.
Employers and agents should send correspondence to:
Customer Operations Employer team
Benton Park View