Centralising PAYE work in Newcastle

Friday, April 1st, 2011

From April all employer work moves from local HMRC offices to one national location in Newcastle.

The following is an extract from the latest weekly informal update (dated 25 March) from HMRC to employer representatives.

From 1 April 2011 all employer work will be dealt with by the National Insurance Contributions and Employer Office (NIC&EO), Benton Park View, Newcastle upon Tyne.  This change sees work previously dealt with by 30 offices nationwide, centralised into one location.

  • Employer work consists of:
  • Maintaining employer records
  • Dealing with PAYE scheme mergers and scheme successions
  • Dealing with employer letters
  • Queries referred via the employer helpline
  • Reconciling End of Year returns
  • End of Year work¬†– queries relating to P35/P14
  • Working with employers to improve customer service.

The Employer Helpline now deals with telephone enquiries previously dealt with in Local Offices. Appropriate messages have been placed on the old contact numbers redirecting customers to the Employer Helpline. The contact number for Employer Helpline is 08457 143 143.

Employers and agents should send correspondence to:

Customer Operations Employer team
Chillingham House
Benton Park View
NE98 1ZZ

PrintFriendly and PDF

Bookmark and Share

Tags: , , , ,

4 comments on “Centralising PAYE work in Newcastle”

  1. Kenneth B Loftus says:

    Employer PAYE reference 065/ST20631 (Ssystematics Ltd.)

    I have a PAYE question and need an Email address to send it to (why should I pay 50p for a 2nd class stamp?)
    The question is this – I have received a form RTI300 to inform me that the PAYE record has now been closed. I want confirmation or otherwise that I now do not have to report by Email that monthly PAYE contributions are not due, and I want a non-verbal reply. It would haver been helpful if this RTI300 had the name of the sender, or department, and a non-o845 telephone no.

  2. Ian Holloway says:


    Unfortunately, there is no direct E-Mail address at HMRC for this type of question. I can only point you to HMRC’s ‘Contact Us’ page at http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/contactus/view.page?record=yg7jCcYewik&titleindex=0 which tells you that you can either write, ‘phone, or fax.

    I can say that if the PAYE scheme is closed, HMRC will not be expecting any payments to be made, assuming that all the records on it are up-to-date.

    Not the answer that you wanted, I know.

    Ian Holloway
    The Learn Centre

  3. Hi, I’m trying to fill in a working tax form but need the employer’s pay office number for the above address? Can you help me please?

  4. Ian Holloway says:


    I am afraid that you will have to go back to your employer for this information as it is specific to them.

    Sorry I cannot help in this instance.

    Kind regards,


Search – Payroll Help

Social Media

Payroll Update 2013