Questions From our Forum 28/03/11Thursday, March 24th, 2011
Each week we receive a number of payroll questions on our forum, and here are this week’s batch. Can you help with any answers?
An employee is planning to start with us in July at the end of a period of maternity leave with her previous employer. She has contacted us to register with our childcare voucher scheme now, before 6th April, to benefit from the old rules.
is this legally possible? And if so what form does this “registration” with our scheme take?
Further questions from our forum:
- What are the procedures for claiming a tax refund?
- When an employee is redundant, what leaving date is entered on the P45?
- How is a paper P11 completed for a director with earnings below the earnings threshold?
- We have shown a wrong middle name for an employee on the P14/P60. How should it be corrected?
- An employee is given six months’ notice of redundancy and is required to work the notice. Is there still entitlement to redundancy pay?
- We have received two P6 notices for an employee with two jobs with the same employer, but the earnings are aggregated for tax and NICs. They show the different employee numbers but not the NI number. Is this a new procedure and why has it changed? (We have asked CIPP to investigate this.)
- What are the recent changes to regulations affecting PSAs?
- Which payroll providers offer “software as a service” (SaaS) and are there any resources available that evaluate them?
- We complete a P46 for a new employee in March and apply tax code BR. He then provides a P45 that we have to apply in April. What tax code do we use?
- When making a payment to a deceased employee’s representative, what evidence is required before we make the payment?
- What issues should be considered when setting up a Social and Charity Club for employees?
- How can we manage the payment of holidays so that we do not get into an overpayment situation?