Questions from our forum 17/02/11Thursday, February 17th, 2011
Each week we receive a number of payroll questions on our forum, and here are this week’s batch. Can you help with any answers?
I have been asked by a client today about Fit Notes.
Her employee has given her a Fit Note saying she is unfit for work for the next four weeks, two weeks before this Fit Note ran out the employee brought in another fit note covering four weeks, the question is does the 2nd Fit note start at the date issued or after the forst one has run out – is the employee off for 6 weeks or 8?
Further questions from our forum:
1. We are a payroll bureau and have been asked to handle the payroll for a new Academy. Are there any special reporting requirements?
2. When employees leave mid-month and, as a result, they are overpaid and we cannot get the money back, when should the tax and NICs on the extra pay be corrected?
3. When an employee dies and we deliberately make payments for some time after the death, what date do we put on the P45?
4. A teacher has table letter D but also does other work for which the table letter is A. In the specific circumstances described, what should be the split of the NICs against each table letter?
5. When employee details are filed using EDI, can we make any adjustments online or do we have to submit another EDI transaction?