Questions from our forum 13/01/11Thursday, January 13th, 2011
Each week we receive a number of payroll questions on our forum, and here are this week’s batch. Can you help with any answers?
If an employee has been on maternity leave, for around 6 months, but has continued to be paid her full salary as normal, for whatever reason, is it possible to now treat her as if she were on SMP, and therefore be able to claim back what SMP she would have been paid.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Further questions from our forum:
- An employee has been receiving a £100 monthly pension payment direct from the employer. How should this be handled in the payroll?
- What are the correct tax code and P45 rules when a late payment is made to a leaver?
- Can a replacement P45 be issued to an employee who has lost his P45?
- After three years in the job, an employee has told us that he has a student loan outstanding. Should we start deductions?
- What is the low earnings threshold band for S2P for 2011/12?