Latest HR NewsTuesday, October 19th, 2010
Winter draws on!
Well, it is certainly on the way so make sure that you are prepared for it as many employers find themselves taken short when the first cold snap occurs.
- Does the heating system work?
- Does it need a service?
- Do you have heaters in case of a power cut?
- Do you have protective clothing for outdoor workers?
- Do you have a supply of salt for de-icing drives and walkways?
- And have you given consideration to calling in somebody to give your employees flu jabs?
Get together with a couple of colleagues to brainstorm problems that may occur and take action in good time to overcome them. Some of these measures will cost money, but put that against the cost of a disruption to your business. You don’t need to be a Boy Scout to be prepared!