Agricultural Wages Orders – October 2010 proposals for England and WalesWednesday, July 7th, 2010
The Agricultural Wages Board for England and Wales met on 14/15 June and made a number of proposals relating to the wage rates and terms and conditions of agricultural workers from 1 October 2010, which include the following:
- an increase in the Grade 1 (Initial Grade) pay rate for workers over compulsory school age of 2.4%, from £5.81 to £5.95 per hour (£0.02 more than the new NMW adult rate from October 2010)
- increases in the rates for Grades 2 to 6 of 2.8%, lifting, for example, the Grade 2 Standard Worker rate from £6.40 to £6.58 per hour
- an increase in the daily Accommodation Offset rate from £4.51 to £4.61 (to match the October 2010 NMW increase)
- replacing the Standby Duty Allowance with a newly defined On-call Allowance, which would be paid at a rate equivalent to two hours overtime pay at the worker’s applicable rate
- where a worker is on call and is actually called-out, the pay would be the greater of the overtime rate for the hours worked or two hours overtime pay
- an overpayment of holiday pay may be recovered by a deduction from a worker’s final payment of wages.
Full details are available at the link below. The proposals are subject to representations from interested parties which should be submitted by 21 July 2010.
Sponsored by Learn Payroll