Isle of Man: Employment Law – Update for 2010Thursday, February 18th, 2010
The Department of Trade & Industry has issued the following employment law updates:
- The guide Isle of Man Employment Rights and Responsibilities: a Guide for Employers, Employees and Workers has been revised and expanded. Recent changes include
- new work permit exemptions
- the Employment Tribunal Rules 2008
- new compensation limits
- new minimum wage rates
- the Points Based System.There are also new sections on topics such as medical reports and health records and additional information on areas such as wrongful dismissal, constructive dismissal and unfair dismissal.
- The minimum wage rate for workers aged 18 years or over will increase from £6 an hour to £6.10 from 1st April 2010. Other rates will remain unchanged. The maximum accommodation offset increases from the same date from 91p to 96p per hour, from £5.20 to £5.50 per day, and from £36.40 to £38.50 per week.
Sponsored by Learn Payroll