PayPerShop.com Acquired by The Learn CentreSunday, July 5th, 2009
The Learn Centre and Paypershop Ltd are pleased to announce the acquisition of www.paypershop.com and its associated websites by The Learn Centre.
PayPerShop.com is the UK’s unique Internet portal providing information and resources to Payroll and HR professionals totally free of charge. The website attracts advertisers and sponsors keen to raise awareness of their products and services across thousands of UK private and public sector businesses.
Speaking of the acquisition, John Gordon-Saker, Managing Director of The Learn Centre said: “It was clear from the moment I became involved in the payroll industry that Paypershop was the authoritative portal for payroll and related HR issues. We are acquiring a website that is in excellent health – as can be seen from the traffic statistics – and we look forward to helping it reach its full potential.”
The overall number of visits to PayPerShop between June 2008 and May 2009 was almost 600,000, viewing more than 830,000 pages.
Ian Congreave, Managing Director of Paypershop Ltd said: “Through sponsorship and the provision of informed and reputable content, The Learn Centre has been a supporter of PayPerShop since we formed it twelve years ago. With their investment and marketing skills we look forward to increasing our market reach for the benefit of visitors, sponsors and advertisers.”
PayPerShop.com and its associated websites are supported financially by sponsorship and advertising. Various opportunities and packages are available. For further information and prices contact David Congreave on 0113 273 0516.
Although long-term improvements are planned, The Learn Centre’s immediate action will be to promote PayPerShop.com to its client base of over 8,000 UK-based Payroll and HR professionals. Ian Congreave and his team will maintain their close involvement as PayPerShop.com is developed further.
About The Learn Centre:
The Learn Centre, formerly HRD & Payroll Solutions, has been delivering highly effective training to an extremely loyal client base for over twenty years. Over 7,500 different organisations have benefited from their extensive range of payroll and HR courses, delivered face-to-face in easily accessible venues, online and in bespoke in-house workshops.
- learnPAYROLL provides a comprehensive range of over 20 basic and advanced courses which includes online payroll training and payroll qualifications. Online courses include Basic Payroll, Payroll Assistant, Payroll Technician and Advanced Payroll. Payroll Qualifications offered are the BTEC Advanced Certificate Level 3 in Payroll Techniques, an Advanced Certificate in Payroll Procedures, a Certificate in Payroll Supervision and a Diploma in Payroll Management. In June 2009 it launched Pick ‘n’ Mix, a new concept for in-house learning where clients choose their own day’s training from an extensive menu.
- learnHR was launched in September 2008. Its courses are available online, face-to-face and can be specifically tailored for individual clients as in-house workshops. Two online courses, HR in Practice and HR Management lead to professional qualifications and vital courses, such as Employment Law in Practice and Health & Safety for HR & Line Managers are available online and face-to-face. Other face to face courses include Managing for High Performance and Change, Managing Diversity, HR Data – Adding Value to Business, Payroll for HR and Building and Managing Successful Teams. From July 2009 learnHR is offering low cost two hour Manager Updates on Employment Law, Health and Safety and Employee Engagement as well as Pick ’n‘ mix in-house options.
- The Learn Centre’s 16th Annual HR & Payroll Conference will take place on 3-5 March 2010 in Stratford-upon-Avon. The residential conference provides delegates with an opportunity to network with fellow professionals as well as offering a highly informative and intensive programme, including the latest updates on issues affecting their work.
Ian Congreave started the PayPerShop.com website in 1997 as an adjunct to his work as a freelance writer, specialising in payroll and HR legislation, systems and services. Since then it has developed into a comprehensive source of information on all aspects of UK payroll and pay-related issues, aimed at both employers and employees.
PayPerShop’s free information services include:
- weekly newsletters that explain, in context, the latest relevant news and developments in the UK, the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey and the Republic of Ireland
- a popular and well-used public Forum for payroll professionals and individuals to ask questions and receive answers, and discuss current hot topics
- directories of press releases and coming events
- links to a wide range of online tools, calculators and resources
- series of articles and Frequently Asked Questions, aimed at both employers and employees
- a directory of suppliers of payroll and HR systems and services, ThePayrollDirectory.com
- a payroll and HR blog, ThePayrollBlog.com
- a payroll and HR job board, Payroll-HR-Jobs.com
The UK Press Releases are sponsored by Bond TeamSpiri