Employing and Vetting Non-UK Nationals 2009Monday, June 8th, 2009
Thursday 2nd July 2009
Examine screening methods, avoid litigation and understand your responsibilities as an employer
Understand the complexities employers face handling immigration and screening, both now and in the future.
This conference includes briefings on the latest vetting rules and legislation surrounding both EU and non-EU nationals, to ensure your vetting practices are rigorous and fair, and avoid litigation.
Hear comprehensive analysis of the Points Based System and the effect that this has had on UK employers, as well as case studies from some of the UK’s leading HR practitioners on their experience of managing an international workforce.
Changes have been announced to make it more difficult to meet the requirements of the Points Based System forcing employers to offer British jobs through Job Centre Plus, before recruiting foreign workers. However, UK employers are still looking abroad to recruit.
Symposium Events’ 8th annual Employing and Vetting Non-UK Nationals conference gives you comprehensive advice on the latest legislation, as well as practical analysis on planning and executing effective recruitment and integration strategies that can help your company to avoid costly penalties.
Benefits of Attending
- Hear about recent changes to immigration law and how it might change in the future
- Analyse how the Points Based System will affect your organisation
- Find out how to distinguish between valid and fraudulent identity documents and qualifications
- Understand the different UK ‘permission to work’ schemes and how to make appropriate applications
- Be equipped to handle an enforcement visit to minimise disruption to your business
- Learn how to support migrant workers and avoid discrimination