The Employment Law Update 2009Monday, June 8th, 2009
Wednesday 17th June 2009
Combining legal and HR expertise, this event will help ensure you stay up to date with the latest changes in HR employment legislation, directives and regulations.
Hear best practice case studies and technical legal advice from our panel of expert speakers. Plus understand the practical impact this has for HR professionals when implementing change in your organisation.
The current economic climate is causing many changes across organisations. Understanding how to handle redundancies, dismissals and contract changes, is crucial to remain ahead – even during the recession.
There have been many recent developments in employment law including:
- the repeal of the statutory dispute resolution procedure,
- the new ACAS code of practice when dealing with grievances, discipline and unfair dismissal
- and the introduction of indirect discrimination into the disability discrimination law.
The Employment Law Update 2009 will provide you with the necessary tools to translate new employment law into business performance.
Featuring expert analysis from:
- British Airways,
- British Telecom
- plus many more…
… our speakers will share practical insights to implement best practice procedure.
You will also hear from leading legal experts who will give you an authoritative update on the latest case law and new directives.
This combination will be essential for you to understand the new developments and the latest employment law trends.
Benefits of Attending
- Examine changes to the Discipline and Grievance Tribunal Procedure and understand how it affects your HR policies
- Learn about the new ACAS Code of practice when dealing with discipline and grievance
- Understand how to develop legal paperwork in accordance with the new discrimination law
- Understand the impact of the “Lewisham vs. Malcolm” case in the Disability Discrimination Law
- Explore the flexibility to change employment contracts in difficult economic times and business transfers
- Understand TUPE regulations and applying TUPE to insolvency proceedings
- Implement best practice legal guidance when dealing with and managing redundancies