Employment Consultation Forum – Minutes of September 2008 meeting publishedMonday, November 24th, 2008
HMRC hosts a number of consultative forums to consider strategic and operational issues with its clients. The Employment Consultation Forum is the principal consultation forum for employers and their intermediaries. Members of the Forum include representatives from the Institute of Payroll Professionals, Payroll Alliance and the accountancy bodies. There are a number of sub-groups, such as for Benefits and Expenses and Statutory Payments, the minutes of whose meetings were discussed in last week’s newsletter.
The Employment Consultation Forum itself met on 17 September 2008 to hear presentations on
- the National Minimum Wage, with particular reference to tips and how to raise consumers’ awareness of how employers use their tip money
- the possible future replacement of NI cards with individual letters
- the roll-out plan for Identity Cards
- the tax liabilities that arise if employers pay the Identity Card fees
- changes in HMRC’s approach to compliance and penalties
Please note that the minutes of Forum meetings give an idea of HMRC’s thinking on a variety of subjects but. because the objective is consultation, they do not generally provide decisions on policy matters.
Minutes of the Employment Consultation Forum
The UK Payroll News is sponsored by HRD & Payroll Solutions