Agricultural Wages in England and Wales – Proposals for changes from October 2008Monday, July 21st, 2008
The Agricultural Wages Board for England and Wales met on 16-18 June 2008 to discuss proposals for a new Wages Order to come into force on 1 October 2008. Representations on any of the changes may be sent to the Secretary of the Board, no later than 21 July 2008.
The proposals include the following changes:
- an increase in the Grade 1 (Initial Grade) pay rate for workers over compulsory school age of 3.9%, from £5.52 to £5.74 per hour
- increases in the pay rates for Grades 2-6 of 4.3%
- an increase in the accommodation offset from £4.30 to £4.46 per day, the offset only to apply when at least 15 hours have been worked in a week, and a definition of what constitutes minimum standards of accommodation
- new limits on the number of holiday days that may be bought out, and provisions to allow up to 2 weeks holiday to be taken between 1 April and 30 September
- an increase in the maximum period of bereavement leave to four days, pro-rata to the number of days worked, and a new provision of up to two days for the death of a brother, sister, grandparent or grandchild
- extension of the definition of a Grade 3 (Lead Worker) to include the role of Team Leader.
Agricultural Wage Negotiations 2008 – Proposals Only
The UK Payroll News is sponsored by HRD & Payroll Solutions